Loves To Dive's Reviews > Mortal Illusions

Mortal Illusions by Kathryn R. Blake

F 50x66
May 08, 2011

Read in May, 2011

Claire Danielson is an aspiring Broadway actress whose mother and brother are both terminally ill, there may be no hope for her mother but she would do anything to save her brother. Germaine St. Justine is a charming, wealthy producer who has more than a little to hide. Before they know it, Claire and Germaine's lives become entwined in ways neither would ever have imagined or wanted.

This is a well written book with a little of everything that will appeal to the paranormal romance reader. Claire's desire to help her brother beyond all else will at times make you want to cry and at other times make you want to shake her out of frustration. The characters are well fleshed out and the back story of Germaine's past helps us to understand who and what he was and has grown into. The secondary characters are all well written and help give the book depth. The book brought out all sorts of emotions in me, I cried (very early too), I got frightened, I had a hot flash or two, I got angry (very often) and I even laughed.

I did have a few issues with Claire's personality and down right stubbornness at times, but they weren't enough to make me put down the book. This is a quick read with enough sub-plots going to keep you interested. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good love story with some vampire politics, musical theater and a very unusual take on what constitutes punishment.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mortal Illusions.