Darcy's Reviews > Taken at Dusk

Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ya, magic, shifters, vampires, witches, ghosts
Read on April 27, 2012

Kylie learns more about herself with this book, but so much of what she learns is one step forward, two steps back. Kylie becomes more comfortable with some aspects of her life, like dealing with ghosts, but still has troubles with others. As things happened with the main ghost I could see where things were going and was happy that it turned out that way. It allowed Kylie to get to know someone she would have wanted to, had she known who they were at the start.

I loved how Kylie and her friends banded together. Their pact's and girl time made for some funny things happening. Miranda and Perry were funny, and Miranda's magic mishaps with changing people lead to one of the funniest parts of the book.

I am on the fence with Kylie and the boys she has in her life. At first glance Lucas is great for her, except for the one fact that his pack won't accept her and people are pressuring him to leave her. Derek seems great for Kylie, but I was made at him for his actions with Ellie. I really wanted to hate Ellie, but it was hard to.

With the revelation at the end I look forward to the next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken at Dusk.