Gladys (glad4twilight)'s Reviews > The Mark of the Vampire Queen

The Mark of the Vampire Queen by Joey W. Hill

May 12, 11

bookshelves: bdsm, my-fav
Read from May 08 to 12, 2011

Great book! I started this book with so many questions and all of them were answered within the first 90 pages. Beginning with the first page where it went back in time to show Jacob as a knight, I fell in love. It's hard for me to take BDSM seriously especially with all of the sex everyone is having in this book. The humans are slaves and in the vampire world are treated as sexual objects to please their Masters so to make this into a love story would be very difficult but she did it.

Jacob and his brother Gideon have the best brother relationship I have read. Jacob makes the ultimate sacrafice to Gideon and the two brothers scorched that scene being led by Lyssa because, living as long as she has and seeing what she has seen she knew what Gideon wanted and needed at that point. Jacob allowing his brother to have his mate that he claimed over lifetimes was just beautiful and sexy to the point of obscene but written so nicely that it broke my heart. Amazing.

Jacob turns from Sub to the Dom he has always been and as everyone recognized from the beginning even Lyssa knew it. I love how she surrenders at the end in front of everyone and chooses him for her dance to me that was when the real love story began, Jacob turning vampire Lyssa transforming to fey while Lord Mason fighting at her side and Gideon coming to his brothers rescue was so exciting. The ending was truly a romantic love story full of surprises.

There were a lot of characters I loves in this book besides the main ones. Brian and his Sub who Lyssa was so jealous of because she saw her as a mate that Jacob could've had if he had chosen a normal life, was really interesting. The way Jacob tries to treat her with respect while he is ordered to do sexual things to her was sweet as was the scene where she closes his eyes when he died. Mason is fascinating I cant wait to read his story as well as Gideons I really enjoyed this story and did I mention HOT HOT HOT amazing sex!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mark of the Vampire Queen.

05/09/2011 page 95
25.0% "aaaaamammmmaaaaazzziiiiiinnnngg!!"
05/11/2011 page 293
76.0% "crazy sex scenes!"

Jennifer One of my favorite scenes was Lyssa and Jacob after the annual kill :). The tables turned and it was really hot!!!!

Renee (Reneem1) can't wait to start these