Lora's Reviews > The Body Finder

4632071
May 08, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: did-not-finish

Gave up somewhere between page 100 and 120. The thing is, I love the friends-before-lovers scenario.

I blame it on the writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

Aleeeeeza some people actually think the writing is lyrical! and i'm like: :|

seriously.

Nomes aleeza ~ your comment is hilarious.

lora ~ i love the friends before lovers scene too. but this one did not do much for me :/

Flannery This book frustrated me so...but I still finished it. I also love the friends before lovers bit in books but the main girl just made some ridiculous decisions and the plot had some holes in it. Some big holes.

Morgan F Yay, I'm not the only one who disliked this book! I felt that everyone loved it except for me...

Nomes I think i must have been felling generous with my three stars :/ (it's a 2.5)

sadly, i remember being SO pumped to finally have my copy. i took it away camping with me (so plowed through it in one night).

definitely had me feeling out of the loop ~ it DID seem like everyone else loved it. i thought it would be a fave for sure.

also, it was not even remotely scary/creepy even in a tame YA was. ((yawn)) for a thriller it was rather unthrilling...

Aleeeeeza Nomes wrote: "I think i must have been felling generous with my three stars :/ (it's a 2.5)

i know, huh?! no suspense at all, not for me anyway. and the romance didn't do much for me either, so it was a pretty big fail all round :/

message 7: by Lora (new) - rated it 1 star

Lora LOL Aleeza, I don't know how people could think the writing is lyrical, but it is to each their own, I suppose.

Flann, I commend you for finishing it :)

Morgan, you're never alone in not liking something.

Nomes, this was very disappointing for me, also. I thought it'd be a win-win because of the premise and what (almost) everyone was saying about it, but not so much.

message 8: by Lora (new) - rated it 1 star

Lora Aleeza wrote: "Nomes wrote: "I think i must have been felling generous with my three stars :/ (it's a 2.5)

Glad to know I wasn't missing anything on the romance front. I thought I might be missing out because I dropped it before much happened between the potential love birds, but I thought over 100 pages was enough to tell me it wasn't for me.

Janina Haha, I actually do not remember much about this except the hilarious, over-the-top prom scene at the end ... but I do remember being really excited for it and feeling let down. I thought it would be a finely crafted psychological serial killer thriller, but ... not so much.

Morgan F Lora wrote: "Morgan, you're never alone in not liking something."

Haha, true dat.

Amber at Fall Into Books Yea the telling instead of showing was obscene in this book. It was pretty god awful. I quit at page 70.