Kitten Blue's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Jan 06, 12

bookshelves: favourites
Read from January 05 to 06, 2012

Now THIS is what I call Paranormal Romance!! :D

I love Pia, no matter how long it took me to absorb the fact that that's her name. Seriously, there's so much she ran / he roared going on, that whenever someone said "Pia" I was all, Huh?! Who the heck's Pia, now?! Anyway, that's neither here nor there, because Pia's cool!! Dragos, on the other hand, is the REAL show-stopper. He's flawed in the way of Barrons, so I don't really need to go into all of that, because if you don't know who Barrons is by now, then ... well ... you've got other problems and you need to fix them, ASAP!! :P I'm such a sucker for ALPHA (!!) characters, which meant he was always going to be right up my alley (I wish!!), but his character really coiled itself around my heart. I love how he was born with the world and evolved slowly, as it became necessary, into the man he now is. His dragon nature is so well-drawn and pretty damn charming, to be honest. He's acquisitive and powerful and hoards like a motherfucker ... and although his priorities do rearrange themselves by the end, he's really still the same badass dragon that he is at the start of the book, which is NOT what normally happens when you throw an Alpha Male into a Paranormal Romance.

Otherwise, I just LOVE how dark Dragon Bound is. I love that bad things happen ... I love that the hero can't always step in just as threats are about to be carried out on the heroine ... I love that she's smart and resourceful in her own right ... I love that we aren't just told this, but shown it, too ... I love the beautiful world (some of the descriptions squeezed my heart a little, like the stuff about Dragos and the beginning of the world, but I've said that already) ... I love that Pia (view spoiler), because (view spoiler) ... and I love her (view spoiler), who has some pretty adorable scenes, not to mention (view spoiler), which totally made me go, AWWWWWWW!!

Anyway, my review has turned into a bit of a love-fest, but you should definitely read Dragon Bound, especially if you're tired of the same old, same old that you usually get with Paranormal Romance books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

Quotes Kitten Liked

Thea Harrison
“I am cursed with a terminal case of curiosity," he said. "I am jealous, selfish, acquisitive, territorial and possessive. I have a terrible temper, and I know I can be a cruel son of a bitch." He cocked his head. "I used to eat people, you know.”

Thea Harrison
I’m sorry, the message said.
The theft was a violation of privacy. It was an unbelievable act of impudence and disrespect. Not only that, it was—baffling. He was murderous, incandescent with fury. He was older than sin and could not remember when he had last been in such a rage.
He looked at the paper again.
I’m sorry I had to take your penny. Here’s another to replace it.
Yep, that’s what it said.
One corner of his mouth twitched. He gave himself a deep shock when he burst into an explosive guffaw.”

Thea Harrison
“A dragon just gave me a piece of jewelry,” she said. She took another swig and handed the bottle back to Graydon. “Have I been added to his hoard?”

He shook his head and drank too. “No, cupcake,” he said. “I’m pretty sure you’ve replaced it.”

Thea Harrison
“Did you kill the Fae horses?”
The whuffling stopped. Dragos said in a cautious voice, “Was I not supposed to?”
She shrugged. “It just wasn’t their fault.”
“If it helps any, I was hungry and ate one.”

Thea Harrison
“All I took was a freaking penny. Besides, I already gave you another one.”

...

“You took a 1962 penny,” Dragos said. His teeth were gritted. “You left a 1975 penny. It’s no replacement.”

She stared at him. “Oh my God, it’s scary you noticed that.”

Thea Harrison
“The wind played in her hair. The moon looked down from its throne in the royal purple sky and smiled at her. The night was brighter than she'd ever seen before, a velvet carpet strewn with stars that winked diamond bright and sang faint ice-cold snatches of song, of distant journeys and enchantments in other realms. The magic in the land nourished parts of her that had been crippled and half dead. She felt stronger, freer and wilder than she ever had before. She leaped high and reached up to tickle the edge of the moon, who laughed in delight.”

Thea Harrison
This is a nonstop flight to New York. Thank you for flying Cuelebre Airlines.

"You're not funny!" she screamed out loud. Dragon laughter filled her head.”

Thea Harrison
“All these stupid old people. Had every last one of them met, heard of, gossiped about, or smelled her mom in the distance? Way to be inconspicuous. Thanks a lot, Mom.”

Thea Harrison
“She had passed the in-for-a-penny-in-for-a-pound road sign a long time ago. Hell, she was cruising the neighborhood streets of tonnage by now. Limping backward, she raised her middle finger to the Fae King.”

01/05/2012 page 14
4.0% "hehehe"
01/05/2012 page 49
16.0% "HOLY SEXY WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!"
01/05/2012 page 130