Lauren Kathryn's Reviews > Blood Feud

5312009
May 15, 11

bookshelves: favourites-of-all-time
Read from May 08 to 14, 2011

Blood Feud carries off literally a few days after My Love Lies Bleeding leaves off. Solange's danger is still evident; however are introduced to a new range of characters, plots and of course romance.
Blood Feud’s layout is changed from Solange and Lucy’s points of view to Logan Drake and a Hound Princess: Isabeau St Croix.

Harvey helps explain more about the situations and history of the Host, the Hound and the Hel-Blar - which did leave me ever so slightly confused in the first book!

In my opinion the book was brilliant - if not better than it’s predecessor. It achieved the goal of introducing the Hound tribes into the Drake’s story and still managed to keep up the level of humour, romance and intrigue.

I was really impressed how this book managed to keep the familiarity of My Love Lies Bleeding in both the characters and story - even though its set from two entirely different character perspectives.
We still continue with the coronation and Montmartre’s quest for Solange, however we are introduced into the world of the Hound’s and Isabeau’s stories keeping me hooked throughout.

I fell in love with Logan and Isabeau’s characters and their blossoming romance; as in my opinion, it was beautifully written. I couldn‘t help but swell with happiness at this tortured, hurt and stubborn girl falling in love with a notorious Drake brother. Harvey managed to translate their romance into a well written story combining both Isabeau’s past with the Drake’s present.

I was also glad to see that Nicolas and Lucy’s romance wasn’t ignore by the character perspective change. Writers can often forget their past characters and leave readers wondering so I was glad that past elements of the story were still evident. (And I can confirm that they are still going strong.) :)

I’m definitely looking forward to the third Drake installment, however one thing is for sure - Harvey kept the humour up throughout!

“Can I give you a word of advice?” Lucy asked.
“I suppose so.”
“You have a great French accent. If a guy asks you to wear a French maid’s costume, kick him in the shin.”
“Especially if it’s one of my brothers” Solange agreed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Feud.

Quotes Lauren Kathryn Liked

Alyxandra Harvey
“My parents want to do things differently. Dad's big on treaties."

"And your mother?" Isabeau inquired.

"She's big on making grown men cry.”

“(Lucy to Isabeau)"
“Cool.” She tilted her head. “You don’t look crazy.”
“You’re like a runaway train,” Logan groaned at her. “Can’t you shut her up?” he asked his brother pleadingly.
“How?” Nicholas said somewhat helplessly.
“Kiss her, you idiot.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“I can do this, Logan," she said confidently. "Kala trained me for this."
"What if something goes wrong? I can't exactly wave a magic wand over you. I'm not Harry Potter."
"Who?"
"Never mind.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“You are precious" I insisted. "Stubborn and secretive and independent to a fault, but precious.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“How did you know it wasn't really me?"
"Are you kidding? Your eyeballs could be on fire and you wouldn't bat your lashes at me like that.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“I might have been more worried if I hadn't been defending myself against six brothers my whole life. And if I didn't have a mother who thought she was a ninja.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“Can I give you a word of advice?" Lucy asked.
"I suppose so."
"You have a great French accent. If a guy asks you to wear a French maid's costume, kick him in the shin."
"Especially if it's one of my brothers" Solange agreed.”

05/08/2011 page 44