Melanie's Reviews > The House at Pooh Corner

The House at Pooh Corner by A.A.  Milne

Feb 22, 14

It was with much apprehension that I started this- after all, my initial impression (Winnie the Pooh as it is in Disney) is vastly different from this book. In fact, I don't think I would have even picked up the book, had a friend not recommended it to me. And I'm very glad she did.

I'm surprised by how sad but realistic the end of this book was; with Christopher Robin growing up and everyone realizing he's leaving the Forest, that wonderful place where only one with enough imagination can go. It made me cry and revisit my stuffed animal collection that I have abandoned for so long.

After rereading both books, I finally figured out why I love them so much. It's because they mirror our lives, in a more simpler way, with people pretending they know everything but really knowing nothing, with others being disillusioned into thinking that certain people do know it all, with others jealous of others' accomplishments, and of course, the beautiful friendships.

My favourite part is definitely the one where Rabbit, Pooh, and Piglet trying to make Tigger more humble but ending up with rabbit becoming more humble... that chapter is just the funniest thing I've ever read. Anyways, this collection of stories is just gorgeously told, and ever so funny, yet being a lens of viewing our own world when you strip away the distractions. Definitely five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House at Pooh Corner.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alithea Stephanie This is why I like the book!:)

Egzona Amazing book! And great review!

Jennifer Busick I was also surprised that it made me cry at the end! And I'm way past high school!