Hp Tan's Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

Nov 18, 2011

bookshelves: ya, series, favourites
Read from November 16 to 18, 2011

Couldn't decide between a four or five star rating. Eventually decided on a 5 because the entire series is too great. This book was, I think, the longest of the series I've read so far, and although I felt at some points of time, it was a little bit draggy with the romance between Kaylee and Nash, and also a bit crazy with all the Sabine stuff, the book worked for me. That Avari is pure evil >:

And oh my gosh.... Tod.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.

Quotes Hp Liked

Rachel Vincent
“Anger is great. It's powerful, when you need something to hold you up. Something to steel your spine. But in the dark, when you're alone with the truth, anger can't survive. The only thing that can live in the dark with you is fear.”

Rachel Vincent
“As soon as the door closed behind my father, Alec turned to me, coffee mug halfway to his mouth. "You faced down a hellion to rescue three people from the Netherworld. Why the hell is he trying to protect you from me?"
I could only shrug. "He's my dad. That's what he does.”

Rachel Vincent
“I've had it with both of you." He pulled his own bag higher on one shoulder and turned to me. "You let me know when you decide what the hell you want from me. I love you, and I miss you, and I'll be waiting, whenever you're ready. But don't spy on me again. Ever." I nodded miserably as he twisted to face Sabine.

"And you! You come find me when you're ready to be my friend, because that's all I have to offer right now. But as badly as I need someone to talk to, I don't need another complication in my life. And as for the two of you!" He stepped away from us, already walking backward toward the school entrance. "Work it out. Or don't work it out. But leave me the hell out of it.”

Rachel Vincent
“So, what now? We’re friends?"

Yeah. If friends could be in love, but not together. In sync, but out of touch. Willing to die for each other, but unable to trust.”

Rachel Vincent
“Whoever said it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved was full of crap.”

Rachel Vincent
“Unfortunately, what my head wanted and what my heart wanted were two completely different things.”

Rachel Vincent
“Can we save the live demo for later, please? Bean Sidhe in angst, here.”

Rachel Vincent
“What are you gonna say?" Emma asked. " 'I'm not sure I want you back, but I'm sure I don't want your ex-con ex-girlfriend to have you, either'? Yeah. That'll start this little triangle off on the right foot.”

Rachel Vincent
“Nice is good, but it's not enough. I want you back for real. I want to talk to you at lunch, instead of staring at you while you eat. I want to see the smile on your face and know I put it there. I want to hear your dad's voice get all low and pissed off, like it only does when I've stayed over too late.”

Rachel Vincent
“I couldn't resist another grin. "So...is there a family discount?"
"Hell, no. Nash is paying full price. Plus tip.”

Rachel Vincent
“Then strong, warm arms wrapped around me from behind. "I've got you," Tod whispered in my ear.”