Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)'s Reviews > Pretty Twisted

Pretty Twisted by Gina Blaxill

May 08, 2011

bookshelves: enjoyed, for-review, favourites
Read in May, 2011

Review can be found at: www.the-reading-pile.blogspot.co.uk

So, Pretty Twisted is definitely one of my favorite books of all time. Mostly because it doesn't have your sterotypical ending. The guy doesn't get his girl, and the girl doesn't get her guy, but another girl does get her guy... and Yeah. There are so many relationships in this book, it was a great idea of Gina's to not give every couple a happily ever after. If they were all romantic 'everything is perfect' types of relationships, I don't think I would have enjoyed the book as much - despite me being a massive romance fan, I like the character's to go through some trouble at least! Which these couples definitely went through.

This Book is set out in multiple chapters -with clever chapter names- with two alternating (sometimes) POVs inside the chapters. Usually I get somewhat confused when things like multiple POVs are used in one chapter, but Gina made it so easy to understand the switch overs that it wasn't possible to forget whose POV you were currently reading.

Earlier when I said the book doesn't have a sterotypical ending, it most definitely has an ending that was perfect for the book. Pretty Twisted was, honestly unlike any book i've read before. There are a few similarities to books like 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' but it's in a league of it's own.

I am hoping Gina writes a sequel, however i'm glad she's working on a second book. She definitely has a lot of talent, well that much was obvious otherwise she wouldn't have been published now, would she? If you're looking for something slightly different then pick this book up. But hold onto your seats, the story is about to get, Pretty Twisted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Twisted.