Tracy Michelle's Reviews > Lipstick Apology

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

May 15, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Read on May 14, 2011

While throwing a party to celebrate the end of the school year Emily Carson is dancing on the counter when her aunt burst in wil the horrible news: he parents have died in a plane crash. Three months later she has moved into her aunt's apartment in New York and is hanunted my her mother's apology that was written on a tray table in lipstick, "Emily please forgive me." She now must adjust to life in New York and finds herself choosing between two boys.
This is a simply and easy to follow story about family, death, life, and falling in love. I didn't expect much when I picked it up so I can say that it in my mind it didn't fall short of potential. That's probably why I gave it such a high rating.
I'm really not sure what to think of the characters. For the most part they seemed pretty real and didn't fall flat. Jababley did fall into the stereotype trap by giving the classic cast of characters for a young adult novel. That, however, did not stop me from rooting for Anthony (even if I thought he was too good for Emily).
Plot and writing style wise it was nothing special. The big twists were easy to guess pretty early on. Emotionally it was one level for me. I read it in one sitting without a challenge.
It was a nice read for a Saturday afternoon with some nice moments here and there. I wouldn't call it a must read but would give it to anyone looking for an easy read that enjoys this sort of book. I think I'll give Jennifer Jababley's next novel a chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lipstick Apology.