Nickylee129's Reviews > The Smoke Jumper

The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans

May 15, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, heart-wrenchingly-wonderful, my-collection, my-favorites, romance-love-story
Read from May 08 to 15, 2011

I LOVED this book! I would've given it 4.5 stars if possible, and didn't feel it deserved 5 stars, so I rounded down to 4. That being said...one of my favorites! I stayed up till early hours of the morning reading this book because I was so captured by everything about it. The lifestyle, the love, the tragedy, the suspense...EVERYTHING! I saw someone else who reviewed this book say that it made them want to visit Montana and I am going to second that! In fact, can I move to Montana instead of visit? Just the vision of men in cowboy hats, blue jeans, boots, and semi-dirty from a hard day's work out in the forest...so enticing! I was able to vision every scenes with such detail it was incredible! The poem Ed left for Julia made me ball like a little girl. Anyways, I was very sad when I finished this book at like 1:30am today. And I would love, love, love to see it made into a movie; however, I don't think that'll happen since it's been out for a while.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Smoke Jumper.

05/08/2011 page 78
14.0% "At first I was confused cuz each chapter skipped to another character I didn't yet know. But I now see the connections and I'm itching to get in bed tonight so I can read it. I'm already seeing Connor and Julia getting interestedddd."