Julie Lindsey's Reviews > Starcrossed

May 28, 11

bookshelves: ya-awesome, ya-para
Read from May 07 to 10, 2011

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Starcrossed is a Harper Collins YA not to be missed by YA lovers, romance lovers, book lovers, lovers of words, people…just don’t miss it.

In the beginning, Angelini spends a couple of chapters setting up the story, attaching the reader to her MC, Helen, and establishing the tight bonds she shares with her father and friends. While I am usually pining and flipping pages to get to the love interest, with Starcrossed, I wasn’t. I loved Helen from the beginning, and I adored the respectful fun-loving relationships she treasured. To be in her inner circle was pure trust, and I think everyone can appreciate something as unique as that.

And then we meet Lucas.

As it turns out, Lucas’ character is one of the most worthy, loyal, honorable characters imaginable. He is perfect for Helen, except they want to kill one another- a lot. The story shifts into super gear as the truth of Helen’s lineage is revealed to her through dreams, and her blooming eh, relationship, with Lucas and his family. But, as the title implies, Helen and Lucas’ path takes a sharp turn when her life is endangered and he risks his to save hers.

Angelini keeps the story moving from dreams and mystery to rage and obstacles, then love. Reading Starcrossed was like reading an infomercial. Everytime I got comfortable with where I believed the story was headed, she through in an action to change it all. I could almost hear “But wait! There’s more!” Over and over I thumbed through pages and chapters to see if these two lovers truly were Starcrossed, or was that too a clever misnomer?

Well, if I told you that, I’d steal your fun.
Starcrossed is an absolute must read, just in time for summer love and star filled nights. Pick it up. Keep it close and Enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie Lindsey Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

And then we meet Lucas. Helen goes from sweet and wall-flowery-mild to raving lunatic. She attacks the most gorgeous boy she’s ever seen right in the middle of her high school hallway. I squirmed all over my couch reading those pages, but to read is to understand and Angelini had me in Helen’s head. I knew why she acted the way she did, and I didn’t blame her. To be in his presence was to want him dead. Dead- like dead by her bare hands- dead. Wow. What an awful love interest, right?
Well, if I told you that, I’d steal your fun.