Carrie's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Nov 12, 2012

bookshelves: jr-ward
I own a copy

This has to be my favorite of the series to date. Also, the only book in the series I have re-read so many times I think I will have to buy a new copy soon. Butch was by far my favorite.

And it's not wrong that I not-so-secretly revel in the gay undercurrents in Butch's relationship with V, is it?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

Quotes Carrie Liked

J.R. Ward
“V was half way down the hall when he heard a yelp. He hightailed it back, barging through the door. “What? What’s …”

“I’m going bald!”

V whipped back the shower curtain and frowned. “What are you talking about? You’ve still got your hair…”

“Not my head! My body, you idiot! I’m going bald!”

Vishous glanced down. Butch’s torso and legs were shedding, a rush of dark brown fuzz pooling around the drain.

V started laughing. “Think of it this way. At least you won’t have to worry about shaving your back as you get old, true? No manscaping for you.”

He was not surprised when a bar of soap came firing at him.”

J.R. Ward
“Butch repositioned the Sox cap, and as his wrist passed by his nose, he got another whiff of himself. "Ah, V. . . listen, there is something a little weird going down on me."

"I smell like men's cologne."

"Good for you. Females dig that kind of thing."

"Vishous, I smell like Obsession for Men, only I'm not WEARING any, you feel me?"

There was silence on the line. Then, "Humans don't bond."

"Oh, really. You want to tell that to my central nervous system and my sweat glands? They'd appreciate the news flash, I'm sure.”

J.R. Ward
“That's you," Wrath said. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer, descended of Wrath son of Wrath."

"But you'll always be Butch to us," Rhage cut in. "As well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass. You know, whatever the situation calls for. I think as long as there's an ASS in there, it'll be accurate."

"How about bASStard?" Z suggested.

"Nice. I feel that.”

J.R. Ward
“Jesus Christ. . . he was not Omega's son. Was he?

"No." V said. "You are not. He just wants to believe you are. And he wants you to think you are. But that doesn't make it true."

There was a long silence. Then Rhage's hand landed on Butch's shoulder. "Besides, you don't look a thing like him. I mean. . . hello? You are this beefy Irish white boy. He's like. . . bus exhaust or some shit."

Butch glanced over at Hollywood. "You're sick, you know that?"

"Yeah, but you love me, right? Come on, I know you feel me.”

J.R. Ward
“You're such a pain in the ass. (Butch)
Said the SIG to the Glock. (V)”

J.R. Ward
“I liked you, cop. From the moment I met you. No… not the first moment. I wanted to kill you when I first met you. But then I liked you. A lot.”

J.R. Ward
“Thanks for putting me up for it ... trahyner." As V's eyes flared, Butch said, "Yeah, I looked up what the word meant. 'Beloved Friend' fits you perfect as far as I'm concerned."

V Flushed. Cleared his throat. "Good Deal, cop. Good... deal.”

J.R. Ward
“As he vomited, he felt, though did not see, V come over. Forcing his head up, Butch groaned, "Help me..."

I'm going to, trahyner. Give me your hand." As Butch held his palm up in despair, Vishous whipped off his glove and grabbed on good and hard. V's energy, that beautiful, white light, poured down Butch's arm and ripped through him in a blast, cleansing, renewing.

United by their clasped hands, they became again the two halves, the light and the dark. The Destroyer and the Savior. A whole.”