Kelli's Reviews > The Wives of Bowie Stone

The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne

May 07, 2011

did not like it
Read on May 07, 2011

DNF - By 40% into this book, I completely lost interest. There appears to be two love stories developing and I have no interest in either one. Both female main characters are irritating - one for being obstinate and belligerent to the point of stupidity and the other just being stupid. There was not enough character development to make me interested in waiting for the redemption of either and the hero(es) are similarly lacking in dimension. The book starts with a series of events that seem expository rather than part of a well drawn narrative thread with supporting background information; way too much telling and not nearly enough showing. Just about the time I was grumbling about being ready for any sign that these two people should ever end up together, the story switched to the secondary "couple" and by the time we switch back to the pair first introduced, I could think of nothing to admire, like, or root for in either pairing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wives of Bowie Stone.