Kay's Reviews > Toys

Toys by James Patterson

May 07, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi
Read in May, 2011

If you are a Patterson reader you will not recognize his style in this book. Almost all of his books lately have been co-authored with someone else but now I suspect they were written by the author with his/her name in small print and just endorsed by Patterson. I don't know if Patterson has a writer's block or if he no longer has time to write because he's sitting around reading all these 'new' authors book to select the ones to 'endorse'. I'm sure it's profitable for him but as a reader I have no idea whether I'm going to enjoy his book or not. Glad I don't buy them anymore and use the library.

For Sci-fi fans this one should be enjoyable. I did like it more than I thought when I started reading. I also was thankful it was a book I could easily get thru in a day!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toys.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aisha hashmi well I am sure he would not put his name on something he did not write, and he wrote a few series for children, daniel x, and also the max series, and all of them are excellent, as well as the womens murder club. I dont even know I would say he HAS a certain style, he is just great at what he does.

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kay Perhaps you are right, but why would he let someone else put his/her name on a book he wrote????????????

Casey I love your thought that he is not really writing, or doing the majority of the writing of these books himself. If certainly helps me understand why I LOVE some of his work and think others wouldn't pass a high school writing class.
Thanks for your helpful insight/plausibility!