Haresh Daswani's Reviews > Fighting the Devil: A True Story of Consuming Passion, Deadly Poison, and Murder

Fighting the Devil by Jeannie Walker

May 07, 11

Read in May, 2011

It is my first time to read a true crime book and I found this book exceptionally unique.

What I like about certain books are the true colors and culture of the writer. Jeannie's strong traditional Christian inclinations, finding paranormal signs, and depiction of local police and justice was very insightful of her town and her story. It is so real, it feels so real, that when reading the book, I was with her as she fought for justice.

This book was a fast read, but in the end it can get very technical, so be prepared. It is a very valuable book for insight to those who want to better understand the required motivation one needs to fight for justice, and how far one has to go, and keep on going, until justice is served.

What made the story enjoyable was a good illustration of the characters, humanizing and completing their profile to better understand who they were and who they became.

An enjoyable read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting the Devil.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly Does the author have a brother named Johnnie?