Adrienne's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Jun 27, 2015

bookshelves: fantasy, own, reread, to-read
Read from May 06 to 12, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

05/07/2011 page 39
05/12/2011 page 590
77.0% "100 pages from the end and he's got me hook line and sinker. this one is getting the five stars that the first in the series was just shy of. superb!"
06/18/2014 marked as: currently-reading
06/27/2015 marked as: to-read
show 4 hidden updates…

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ wow you got through that one quick! =)

Adrienne Yeah but you don't wanna see the state of my kitchen! lol

message 3: by Adrienne (last edited May 13, 2011 05:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adrienne should i stop after the third book or just keep barreling ahead? because he says at the beginning of Storm of Swords that he opens it with things that were happening simultaneously to the... battle at the end of the second book. (edited to avoid spoilers! haha)

message 4: by AJ (last edited May 13, 2011 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ No keep going! Book 5 comes out in july! Book 4/5 are suppossed to be happening at the same time so I think you are good =). Nice timing on starting up the series. YAY!

message 5: by Adrienne (last edited May 13, 2011 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adrienne ah, ok. i'll take that advice then. so 4/5 sound a bit like 2/3. neat.

i've been meaning to read it for ages, but i was burned by having to wait for the Robert Jordan series and swore i wouldn't start another unfinished fantasy line. however the tv show coming out made me put my foot in my mouth. we LOVE it and i found that I enjoyed knowing the story and then watching it rather than the other way around.

just cracked the thousand or so pages of Storm of Swords with my morning coffee. :)