Sarahlynn Lester's Reviews > Just Do It: How One Couple Turned Off the TV and Turned On Their Sex Lives for 101 Days

Just Do It by Douglas Brown

May 06, 11

bookshelves: tuesday-book-club

Frankly, my expectations couldn't have been any lower. I read all the Amazon.com 1 star reviews. I scorned the idea publicly.

And then I caved and picked up a copy from the library, Ada comfortably settled on my hip. I scored a young librarian, probably somewhere around my own age, but I was in Mommy-running-errands mode and it hadn't even really occurred to me to be too embarrassed about my choice, at least until she carefully and obviously put the book face down on the counter and slid it across to me with . . . was that actually a wink?! "Book club selection," I found myself mumbling inexplicably. "Meeting tomorrow. Probably won't even read the thing."

I was uncomfortable. Who knew?! I started reading and taking notes about what I didn't like. Within a couple of hours, I'd already laughed aloud three times and put down my pen. There were parts that might have been better, parts that I didn't feel entirely comfortable with or had trouble believing. But over all . . . I really enjoyed the book! Which is not to say that Paul and I are going to attempt such a marathon ourselves. Craziness! But I would like for him to read it. There's good relationship stuff in there, in addition to humor and, um, suggestions and stuff.

To go along with the book discussion, my book club had an adult toy party. The engagement was billed as being, "sort of like a Pampered Chef party, but for sex toys." I knew what to expect, but somehow opening my friend's front door and seeing a large collection of colorful . . . toys . . . spread out on the coffee table was still somewhat jarring. No foreplay, just - pow! - vibrating pink silicone right there in view.

Weirdest of all - it was really fun. And the discussion afterward was great.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Do It.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Flail (new)

Flail Around "There's good relationship stuff in there, in addition to humor, and um, suggestions and stuff."

HEhehehehe!

Sarahlynn Lester I'd forgotten this book! Fun read. I want the author's job: come up with a wild idea. Do it. Write a book about it. Make enough money to repeat. I'm envious of his "voice."