Julie Lindsey's Reviews > The Goddess Test

May 06, 11

bookshelves: favorites, ya-awesome, ya-para
Read in May, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test is magical. Carter attaches you firmly to the main character, Kate, almost immediately. Kate is strong, loyal and loving. She’s selfless and unpretentious, focused on the single goal of caring for her dying mother. Despite the new town, new school, and new peers, she plows ahead bravely and it’s impossible not to root for her.

And then she meets Henry.

Henry has a secret buried deep in Greek mythology and Kate is presented with a choice. She can walk away or she can make an unbelievable sacrifice. The sacrifice could give her more time with her dying mother, and deem Kate immortal, or she could die. Knowing the risk, she still chooses to try.

As much as I loved Kate, I enjoyed Henry even more. His character is mysterious and kind and lonely and guarded. He is the kind of YA love interest readers of YA live for. Every page helped solidify it for me. Henry is amazing. I wanted them to end up together so much I stayed up all night to finish reading so I could make sure they ended happily ever after.

Carter’s story is fun and addictive. You’ll love Kate and Henry. You’ll laugh at Ava and want to pinch Ella. You might even pick up some books on Greek mythology, I did. Carter weaves the best of mythology into a modern day tale of love and loyalty. She's amazing and the story really is magical. I highly recommend it readers of all genres. It’s delish.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.