Kristina's Reviews > Moonglass

Jul 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-debut-author
Read in June, 2011

Oh, Moonglass, how I wanted to enjoy you, and love you, and praise you like everyone else, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Most of the time, I was bored because the plot was predictable and the characters were flat. My favorite thing about this entire book was the cover. The cover is absolutely beautiful with its colors and its shimmering. This cover is the reason I wanted to read this book in the first place.

The book begins with Anna and her father moving to Crystal Cove, the same place where Anna’s parents met, and the same place her mother died. There, Anna learns things about her parents that she never knew before, and she also learned the real nature of her mother’s death.

I did enjoying learning a little bit about the town’s history alongside Anna and I thought the descriptions of the beach were fantastic. I really thought that I was there and I wish that I was. How amazing would it be to live in one of the tiny cabins described, right on the beach, facing the beautiful water? For me, that would be heaven.

I think the reason I didn’t like Moonglass was it just wasn’t the story for me. I would still recommend it, and already have given a copy to my friend who is enjoying a lot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglass.

06/28/2011 page 58