Camryn Rhys's Reviews > Mercury Rising

Mercury Rising by Daisy Harris

May 06, 2011

Read in May, 2011

How ironic is it that the Mercury, the hot, gay God of Compromise (among other things) is engaged to the Vesta, Goddess of Virginity? Of course, that’s not the whole story; this is just a taste of the humor and hotness that abounds in Daisy Harris’ most recent release, Mercury Rising. This book is by far and above the best release I have ever read of Ravenous Romance’s plethora of books. From the first line, I knew it was going to be good.

Of course, I’d read all of Daisy Harris’ previous books, and I knew the girl can flat-out write. She can also flat-out plot. And her secondary plots are as interesting and well-developed as her primary plots. And Loki? Mmmm, Loki. I don’t know what it is about Harris’s books, but it’s not uncommon for me to actually like her secondary plots better. (With one memorable exception… mmmm, Kai!) While that wasn’t true in this book (because the primary plot was my favorite), I did think the secondary plot was well-done.

There’s something for everyone in this book and it looks like it’ll be a series, so I’m excited to see what might happen next. One thing’s for sure. Daisy Harris makes me think twice about Ravenous Romance. Hmmm… maybe I’ll give them another shot. I know I can’t wait for the sequel to this book. I have a feeling it won’t disappoint.

~Cam, from The Pen & Muse Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercury Rising.