Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Blood Red Road

Jun 17, 11

bookshelves: dystopian, young-adult
Read in June, 2011

4.5 out of 5 Stars

Flooded with action-packed adventure, BLOOD RED ROAD had me gripping the pages for more dangerous goodies. This book is unlike any book I've ever read. The writing style is so different that I was hesitant about reading it at first. Boy, am I glad I didn't let it hinder me from missing out on a great dystopian novel.

To understand Saba's POV is to imagine someone who's always been secluded from the outside world and the dangers beyond Silverlake. Because of her seclusion, I assumed her illiteracy accounted for the way she talked. The way the characters talk reminds me of the olden days with words like, "fer" instead of "for," and "jest" instead of "just." Once I got assimilated with their way of speaking, I had no problems flying through the pages. Saba represents what I like in my heroines, she's strong and she's willing to do whatever it takes to save her loved ones.

I can only imagine what's to come in the next installment. BLOOD RED ROAD had just about everything - action, romance, suspense, and hints of paranormal elements. This series can go in so many directions and hopefully the next one is just as good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Red Road.

06/10/2011 page 276