Jill's Reviews > Mission Unstoppable

Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman

May 11, 11

bookshelves: 4th-grade, 5th-grade, 6th-grade, 7th-grade, j-fic-adventure, j-fic-boy, j-fic, book-talk
Read in May, 2011

This is a great one for those kids who like the 39 Clues series! Twins, Coke and Pepsi find out that they have been identified as part of a genius group of kids picked to eventually solve the country's problems. Their problem is that they don't find out until someone tries to kill them because of it. Set to start their summer vacation on an RV road trip from California to DC, the kids find themselves dodging strange men in bowler hats and their former health teacher who are all trying to kill them at various (strange) tourist destinations on their trip. Will they survive long enough to attend their aunt's wedding in DC?

I love how Dan Gutman has made this book interactive. At various points in the book, he challenges the reader to look something up. "Go ahead. I'll wait." And there are side boxes encouraging the reader to map the kids' trip. I loved finding out about all the wacky places they went (and about the ones they didn't go to as well!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mission Unstoppable.