Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads)'s Reviews > After Obsession

May 06, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: own-arc, for-review
Read from August 23 to 24, 2011

I don't know what better way I can put this but just to come out and say that After Obsession was just OKAY. I don't hate it, but I also don't "really" like it. There wasn't that certain "something" that can make me say I really enjoyed the read. After Obsession was not engaging but was still an amusing story.
It's told in two separate point of views. One of Aimee, the female protagonist who has dreams of the past and of certain moments of the future that comes true. Aimee also possesses that ability to heal other people when they're hurt, a trait that she inherited by her deceased mother. The other point of view (POV) is of Alan, a football jock whose also Aimee's best friend's cousin who is half Navajo and has the ability to have vision quest with his totem cougar, Onawa.

When I first started reading After Obsession, it was hard to understand what was going on. I felt like everything was all over the place, but it got better once I hit around the fourth chapter. It switches back and forth from Aimee to Alan, but at times I catch myself reading Alan when I thought it was Aimee. They both seem to have the same voice, so there was a bit of confusion.
The concept of the whole story is intriguing but it was just predictable and bland for me. I really like how pure Aimee is, but I was caught off guard on how easily she moved on after breaking up with Blake considering she knew what was causing him to act the way he was. So, it's basically an "I like this, BUT I didn't like that" love hate kind of read. I will still recommend it, but I can't stay that it will be on my list of Must Reads. 3.5 Stars. I liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Obsession.

08/23/2011 page 200
08/24/2011 "3.5 stars.... Review to come =)"
show 2 hidden updates…