Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Blood Law

Blood Law by Karin Tabke

May 21, 11

bookshelves: covers-to-covet, ebooks, drinks-on-me, favorites, first-book-in-series, king-of-the-harem, my-hottie-harem, pnr, read-in-2011, review-requests, keep-a-spare-pair-of-knickers, the-hymen-club, tortured-bad-boys, werewolves, warriors
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Review Request by author
Recommended for: Paranormal Romance fans, werewolf fans
Read from May 15 to 16, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

5 + STARS!

SEE MY FANTASY CAST FOR BLOOD LAW HERE: Under the Covers review/fantasy cast

WARNING! This review will contain squealing, fan-girl obsessions and perhaps a happy dance!

Blood Law is one of the best books I’ve read this year! I’m not quite sure what I was expecting when I picked up this book. Having never read anything by Karin Tabke before, I did not have any real expectations. But once I opened this book, I was completely blown away by the attention to detail, the complex laws they abide by and the compelling characters! If I wasn’t a fan of Ms. Tabke before, I certainly am now! I LOVE THE BLOOD MOON SERIES!

I will admit, Ms. Tabke starts up early in the beginning, detailing the Blood Law and past events that have altered how Rafael and his brother, Lucien live their lives now. It was a little confusing at first because you are thrust into her world and are bombarded with a lot of information all at once. But once you get accustomed to the initial shock and the names settle in, you are right on track with her!

There are so many good things about this book! First off, the characters come off the page, grip you by your shirt and take you on a ride from beginning to end. And when I say that, I mean that Rafael and his heroine, Falon are the most compelling characters I’ve read in a long time. Rafael is the alpha of his pack and he is as ruthless as can be. There is something darkly alluring about him, where he uses fear to his advantage. At first, he refuses to accept Falon as his chosen one but despite his hardened soul, he still cares deeply for her.

Falon is my new favourite heroine! I love her! She was cunning and funny, sexy and sweet! She was the perfect counterpart to Rafe. But perhaps the best thing about her was that, she was a strong, independent heroine, one who didn’t rely on the hero to save her from her own troubles. Falon possesses some special abilities, such as increased strength and speed, but that wasn’t what made her stand out as a heroine. It’s her internal strength that really shone through for me. Falon simply kicked ass.

Another favourite character was Lucien. As Rafe was day, Luca was night and I loved that comparison. The juxtaposition in characters was clearly showcased in their confrontations and I loved every moment of this action-packed book. So much occurs and it was as if a movie was playing inside my head. I completely devoured this book and am now feeling withdrawals because I want the next book so badly!
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Law.

40.0% "Really, really loving this book so far!" 3 comments
60.0% ""Her luscious lips clamped down on him and she sucked his come right out of his balls." I have never heard a description like that before. Rafe must be a happy man." 9 comments

message 1: by Kristie (new) - added it

Kristie Can't wait for your review. I'm looking forward to this book myself.

message 2: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Boo,boo... I want to read your review here, Annie*LOL*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL, I have to post it on UTC first. Watch for it next week and then I'll post a copy here after.

message 4: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren *pout*
Really good, eh? :D I hear there are (view spoiler)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) There is. At the end, I was like WTF!? But not cliffhangers to the point where you're like, "I WANNA KILL MYSELF!" Not to that point. It makes you bug-eyed but nothing too dramatic or anything.

This was the first of her books I've read and I LOVE IT!! *Hint hint* You have to check out our blog next week ;P

message 6: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Next week? :O... Next week you said? There's so long! Are you do a team review with Suz and Fran for this book?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yup. next week. It's not THAT long! :P

Yeah, I think so. I've already read it. They're reading it now. :)

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Have you guys ever read anything else by her? I am wondering how her other books are.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) No, this is my first but after this, I am DEFINITELY going to be checking her other books out!

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen That cover is way hot.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) It is!! I love it a lot too.

The next book cover aint bad either.

message 12: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Jen wrote: "Have you guys ever read anything else by her? I am wondering how her other books are."

She write under other pen name Karin Harlow :).. The other Karin Tabke's book is historical romance

Annie : I think the model for the 1st and 2nd book have (view spoiler)
and... 1 week is too long, 7 days! Phewww!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I know. I've been stalking her! FOR THE BLOG and maybe some personal reasons too :P

Yes. Two brothers. Rafe is first book. Luca is second book.

I know, I know I cant wait either. But seriously, you're gonna wanna tune in :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'll post it today :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) He's mine.

LOL his name is Jessie Pavelka!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) hahaha It's cool. I'll share :D

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) No problem :D

review is up!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Sarah. It's a new fave for me. Hope you like it as much as I did.

Laura Loved your review!! Definitely want to read this!!

message 20: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "I know. I've been stalking her! FOR THE BLOG and maybe some personal reasons too :P

Okaaaay.. some personal reason, is it about guy whose name begin with letter "P" ?:P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Laura! :D xo

LOL Ren! Maaaaaaaaybe.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Soo umm...if you wanna win this book (IT'S SIGNED), I'm giving it away at my blog. Enter here: Under the Covers Giveaway

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah, she's there chatting with us now :)

message 24: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Annie, thanks to make it international! ^_^
I hope Random Generator God pick me as the winner :P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Pray Ren! Pray!

She was there earlier chatting with some of the people. She was real nice.

message 26: by Cindi (new) - rated it 1 star

Cindi OK, Annie, I'm convinced! I will put it to the TOP of my TBR pile :)

message 28: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN Okay so I'm stalking reviews tonight, and you have sold me on this book! It's already on my Tbr list though. I checked out your fantasy cast, and that guy Jessie, we used to date....but the relationship became just physical, no mental connection so I had to end things. I wanted something more than great sex, ya know?!

message 29: by Lynsey (new) - added it

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Moving this up the TBR!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) This one is a really sexy book! I really liked it a lot! Who Jessie? I LOVE HIM!

Yay, Lynsey!