SidneyKay's Reviews > Lord Langley Is Back in Town

4891956
Sep 22, 11

bookshelves: romance-regency
Read in September, 2011

** spoiler alert ** OMG! Who are all these people??

Elizabeth Boyle is one of my favorite authors; she's an automatic buy. I always look forward to her books, because I know that I'm going to get a good yarn. Now, that doesn't mean there are some I don't like as much as others,cause there are, and Lord Langley is Back in Town is one that I don't like as much. Bummer.

I am a number one fan of books in a series and those little handy dandy pedigree charts that are stuck there to stop us from floundering around. However, even though I have read every single book in this series, I was lost. I couldn't remember who did what to whom when. And that was too bad, because I became so distracted by trying to remember all of these people, I found that I could not enjoy the book as much as I wanted to. That's doubly sad seeing as how I really, really, really liked Lord Langley. I thought he was just the bees-knees! He was older, sexy, and charming. He had a mischievous quality about him that I found most amusing.

Minerva I was less enchanted with, in fact I found her just a bit tiresome and I wasn't really that interested in her back story. I think in this case I would have been just as happy without her back story, because it didn't add too much too the overall book. Here we go: If it had been me writing the book, I would have enhanced the farce that was created by the four ex-lovers of Langley being in the same house. I could see all manner of Preston Sturges' shenanigans going on with all the women under the same roof. However, while humorous scenes did happen, I wished there had been more of a farce. And yes, I know, I didn't write the book!

I loved Langley, and I wish his romance with Minerva had been stronger. There were just too many other people crowding into this book for the romance between Langley and Minerva to develop. It's not a good sign when I can be easily distracted while reading a book, especially one that I was looking forward to with much anticipation. Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next in the series, Along Came a Duke. Maybe I'll do some rereading before then.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Langley Is Back in Town.