Jennifer's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

May 06, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, signed
Read from May 16 to 25, 2011

** spoiler alert ** WOW balled my eyes out! I am so depressed! ALEX! That was extremely intense and it didn't end at all like I expected. I need to get away from these depressing books for awhile.

Love killed Lena's mom so she wants nothing to do with it. She can't wait to get the cure. So of course right before her cure she falls in love. Alex was so sweet and amazing! I loved the time they spent together. The ending damn neared killed me!

The idea that love is a disease was so unique. The way they describe it, had you never felt it, you might truly believe it was something dangerous. People do crazy things when feelings are running high. Love can make you feel great and can also make you depressed. The writing was so beautiful. I especially loved the way they explained without love you wouldn't even love your pets or children. That would be so sad. I think to feel the high you must feel the low. A book that will keep you thinking!

---
"I love you. Remember. They cannot take it"

"You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes"

"Love: It will kill you and save you, both"

"The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we are well"

"It's so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it's taking forever to come. Then it happens and it's over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Lauren Oliver
“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”

Lauren Oliver
“Love: It will kill you and save you, both”

Lauren Oliver
“You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes".”

05/17/2011 page 30
03/05/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Carey I know right!!?? Seriously, that wasn't what I was expecting either. SOOO messed up! I've been hearing talk on the discussion sights that it might be a trick ending there. I sure hope so cuz they HAVE to be reunited all happy and everything later.

Jennifer Yea at the time I didn't realize there is still going to be two more books so I am thinking that Lena will rescue Alex out of the crypts next book. It comes out in Feb so it is going to be a long wait.

Eloise this was such a good book and i sooo hope Lena rescues Alex!! and i am sooooo glad there are more books because i hated that ending!! it was sooo sad :( but i really don't wanna wait for the books to come out i wanna read them now!!!! :D

Stephanie Tejada oh don't tell me its depressing! now I don't want to finish it! ughh

Kelechi Alfred-Igbokwe Me too! I just burst into tears!!

Caroline The ending KILLED me. My guess is Lena and her mom will rescue Alex. Now that Lena is in The Wilds, she will meet up with her escaped mother, who knows how to get into the Crypts from having escaped them.

emily  cross ok i just a have a qwestion for you is there a love tirangle in this book?

Carey Not in this one Emily.

Alysa Filip He's still alive read the next one pandemonium

Caroline Alysa, that's a major spoiler. You should delete your comment pronto.

Kriste Just starting book 2. Please tell me there is hope for Alex!

Myriam I know!!!!!!....:'(

Rachel ... i thought he was dead... oh... my guess is that it was his twin brother that got shot. ps thanks for the spoiler alysa!

Caroline Kind request: would the writer of this review mind deleting Alysa's spoiler since Alysa is not considerate enough to do so herself?

Rachel pleeeeaaase

Sabira71 Im still crying over alex i keep thinking if hes actually going to Crypts instead because he has to stay alive and when lena said she would rather stay with him than die but yet she still ran i know alex told her to but LENAAAAA u make me scream

Brittani YES! I'm tempted to copy and paste your review, and give you credit of course :).