Lisa's Reviews > Fancy Pants

Fancy Pants by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

May 14, 11

Read from May 06 to 14, 2011

This book took me much longer to read that I was hoping that it would or than it should have so I have been trying to pin down exactly what it was that made it such a long read. I think what it boiled down to was the book just did not move along a good rate. It was very slow in part and seemed as thought there was too much background given for certain parts of the story. While the story itself was kind of a different take on opposites drawn to each other and the stress and argument that go along with that situation. The character were fun to get to know and so very very different. Francesca starting off with everything, losing everything and then making herself whole again. And Dallie, the pro golfer, who seems to be just a little to carefree and doesn't seem to care about much.

At times, I felt like the story was pulled too thin and more background added to make the story work. The story was pretty predictable but not in a bad way. The book was worth the read but not something that I would pick up again and read in the future. It was a one time read in my opinion.

I enjoyed the different settings in this book. Everything from the prime time in Europe, to middle of nowhere Texas, to New York City. I enjoy seeing how each of these character would react in the different settings and what flaw they would bring out.

The banter and arguing in the book brought some great life to the characters and helped me to relate to each. I could understand who they were using the banter to get their own goals accomplished. This made the book stronger.

Overall, this is classic romance story but for me it was a bit longwinded.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fancy Pants.

05/08/2011 page 83