Fani's Reviews > The Dragon Lord

The Dragon Lord by Connie Mason
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Lord.

05/06/2011 page 97
25.0% "I expected a more rough hero who wouldn't balk at forced seduction but was disappointed:) Still, it's quite good."
05/06/2011 page 100
25.0% ""Why do you care? Tis Veronica you want, not me." He found her hand and dragged it against his groin. "My cock wants you." Gotta love a man who can sweet-talk his lady like that:)"
05/06/2011 page 117
30.0% "I'm having trouble with shrewish heroines who hate the hero without any reason. He's handsome, he's honorable, he's fair and hasn't punished her as he could have for duping him. What exactly is her problem then?" 2 comments

Eastofoz OMG is this ever baaaaaaaaaad! (lol!) IMO of course ;) I used to like Mason but then everything she wrote started to like previous stuff she wrote. Very cookie cutter for me. Are you liking it Fani?

message 2: by Fani (last edited May 06, 2011 03:50AM) (new) - added it

Fani I like it fine:) I expected -and hoped for- a colder hero and a boddice ripper though, and he seems better than that, which is a bit of a disappointment, lol. But I haven't read any other book of hers and I was so looking forward to a medieval right now, so this feels nice so far. It just depends on how far is she going with the feisty heroine; she could easily become very unlikable I feel.

Eastofoz If you haven't read anything else by her then it's probably good. For me it felt like another one she wrote a few years back which was what really bugged me.

message 4: by Fani (new) - added it

Fani That would be a problem, I agree. I was searching for another book of hers, The Black Knight unfortunatately haven't been able to find it anywhere. Have you read that one?

Eastofoz Yeah and sorry to tell you but that was bad too I thought :( I gave it two stars compared to The Dragon Lord that I only gave one star too--so I guess it's modestly better (lol!).

I did a quickie search and I can't believe what this crapo read is going for (!) It's not even available on the swap sites :( Are you a Bookmooch member? I can't seem to get in to check if the book is available there.

If you have an ereader you can get it as an ebook--though you no doubt thought of that already.

If you're really itching to read the print copy I can loan you my copy :) It shouldn't be too expensive to send to Greece from my parts.

message 6: by Fani (new) - added it

Fani I know! I can't even find it in from ebay:)
Surprisingly though, I do find it's available as an ebook now. I'm sure, very sure, I've checked before and didn't see it! I must be blind or something:) So, if I end up liking this one I'll probably go ahead and buy it.

Thanks so much for your offer EastOfOz! You're too kind to offer, but I learned the hard way (payed 25$ for Parting Gifts by Lorraine Heath 2 months ago) that packages can get lost in the mail, and I would hate it if your book got lost in between. But thanks again for offering:)

Let's see how this one fares for starts. Is the hero getting any meaner in the future, or does he remain a gentleman throughout the book?

Eastofoz No problem :) I hate not being able to get a book. This person from another romance board gave me her copy of Stormfire and I nearly fell off my chair when she offered considering how much the freakin book cost and how impossible it was to find.

That's good if you can get it as an ebook if you're really itching to read it.

Brutal about your book getting lost in the mail :(

From what I remember, the hero doesn't get any meaner. He's pretty even-keeled.

If you like her, a good one I thought was Sheik (but it was one of the first romances I really read so maybe it's not as good now--lol!) or The Lion's Bride.

message 8: by Fani (new) - added it

Fani I'd guess she had no idea how rare that book is or she is destined for sainthood:) There are some books I'd never imagine lending to anyone.

I've seen Sheik and I've been considering it. I know about those early romances though; there are a couple of them that I decided to reread a year ago and I couldn't understand what had made them stick out in the first place, lol. Perhaps the more we read, the more particular we become?

You have me a little worried now. Even keeled? He is supposed to be a fierce warrior, someone everyone fears. I never expected him to be a decent man and husband too, lol. How could he do this to me?

Eastofoz Fani wrote: "I'd guess she had no idea how rare that book is or she is destined for sainthood:) There are some books I'd never imagine lending to anyone.

I've seen Sheik and I've been considering it. I know ab..."

The back blurb on that book is misleading I thought. He's going to end up a pretty good guy (lol!)

message 10: by Fani (last edited May 06, 2011 12:36PM) (new) - added it

Fani Too good for my tastes I fear and the heroine too much of a shrew; she's resisting and hating him for no apparent reason and I can't stand that. It's already heading badly for me too East I'm afraid:( I think I'll hold back from the Black Knight for now.

Eastofoz Fani wrote: "Too good for my tastes I fear and the heroine too much of a shrew; she's resisting and hating him for no apparent reason and I can't stand that. It's already heading badly for me too East I'm afrai..."

LOL! I hate shrewish heroines too :-/

message 12: by Fani (new) - added it

Fani So, just another question: is The Black Knight less than a gentleman or is he too kind to be true too?

Eastofoz He's not as bad as he's set up to be initially and that bugged me--among other things.

message 14: by Fani (new) - added it

Fani That indeed sounds less than promissing:( Perhaps I'll save my 5$ for now. Thanks East:)