Jay Daze's Reviews > Summer Knight

May 09, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, audio-book
Read from May 06 to 09, 2011

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Knight.

05/06/2011 page 1
0.0% "We open with Harry's Beetle and.... he doesn't describe it!!!"
05/06/2011 page 33
9.0% "Sweat pants outside of the house means you've given up."
05/06/2011 page 35
9.0% "OH COME ON!!! Who by this point doesn't know the fox and the scorpion crossing the river story? Apparently not Harry, but every two-bit author seems to find it the height of originality to put it in their story. The next time the fox and scorpion wanna cross the river they better take a tourist booze cruise or else my head is gonna explode! (Ummm sort of like it did here.)"
05/06/2011 page 93
25.0% "Disappointed by the state of tough as nails Murphy. Does she have to be the rape victim?"
05/07/2011 page 179
48.0% "Harry gets to get his lust on being tempted by the Winter Queen. This tacky scene is one of the Dresden Files guilty pleasures - I suppose - Harry getting turned on is a reoccurring theme/scenario in the books."
05/07/2011 page 204
55.0% ""I am my PAIN!!" No, wait a minute, that is Kirk, not Harry. Harry is an emo guilty creature of lust and violence. Butcher does infuse him with with a soulful melancholy though. So the Summer Queen tempts him with a cessation of all his wounds of his heart. Still don't buy his sadness over Susan. (In that I'm expected to accept her as someone he actually loves - but Harry feels guilty for everything anyways."
05/08/2011 page 289
78.0% "Still waiting for E. to be revealed as the femme fatale - taking advantage of poor dopey Harry. She certainly had it stamped on her forehead when she was first introduced. SURE you were under mind-control, baby...."