Sobia's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Caris Roane

May 05, 11

Read on May 05, 2011

Holy crap, what An amazing start to a series!  It's been a while since I've found a new author to love, so I can't seem to stop smiling...

Over all the story is well written, fast paced, and pretty well developed. I only had 2 negatives: One is the lady in charge of the good guys  is another abrasive femme fatale ..in other words a bitch...no, really, all the characters in the book call her a bitch.... She calls herself a bitch... And honestly? It's just really tiring...maybe if she'd had a smaller role I wouldn't have minded, but she's in a good chunk of the book....and her attitude just got on my nerves!

The second thing that bugged me was the amount of importance lent to the hero's now deceased second wife... I don't mind that she exists, just that so much of the relationship b/w the H and h seemed to revolve around her! And okay spoiler here

But the fact that the heroine wants to name their  daughter after said wife? a little to sweet for me to stomach.

But the book is a good length, a ton of stuff happens,is is pretty hot  though not too graphic, at least not IMO) so despite the two (overall, minor) annoyances this was a  killer first book in the World of Ascension series! ( welcome to my auto buy list, Ms Roane!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Laurie (Bitten by Romance) I just started started this one and Wow! I should have watied unitl monday now my poor sims games are going to suffer this weekend LOL

Sobia Sims, like The Sims?

Laurie (Bitten by Romance) Sobia wrote: "Sims, like The Sims?

Ha, I already started the second book, dammit! I usually don't like to read books in series, one right after the other, but I couldn't seem to stop myself :p"

Yep, The Sims. I am working on that new Medieval and I am really enjoying it, but it looks like it will be on the back burner this weekend. Glad to hear you enjoying this series.

Sobia I do like it but I seem to be developing ADD or something because I can't seem to focus on it....I keep getting distracted by stuff I usually very good at ignoring :p

Do you mind if I ask how the Medieval game is? Is it just like the sims3 but in a different setting? Or is there more to it? I've got sims3 ( along with most of the expansion packs), and I'm addicted to it, but I'm still on the fence about the new game...

Laurie (Bitten by Romance) Sobia wrote: "I do like it but I seem to be developing ADD or something because I can't seem to focus on it....I keep getting distracted by stuff I usually very good at ignoring :p

Do you mind if I ask how the ..."

I know how addicted The Sims can be, I can play for hours. I have them all from Sims 2 to 3 and there should be a new EP out for sims 3 soon, I cant wait. Medieval is very different. It's more like World of Warcraft or Runescape. You have quest your sims has to follow and you have to sick with the quest your progress fails. Some quest are easy some are very hard. I do love palying it, but I find Sims 2 and 3 much more enjoyable to paly. Here are a few pictures I took while playing Medival http://www.bittenbyparanormalromance....

The thing is the game is not cheap and most simmers wont like it one bit because they are use to their carefree world and this world of Medieval Sims is most certainly not carefree. I have to admit it took me a week to warm up to it and still I have to ask my daughter for help. She loves runescape and warcraft, so she is use to playing quest, if it wasnt for her at times I would have quit playing a while back because I would have never be able to figure it out.

Sobia huh, so then is it like World Adventures, where there are specific things you're supposed to do, to get the Visa points? and the whole game is like that? No carefree bits at all?

Laurie (Bitten by Romance) Sobia wrote: "huh, so then is it like World Adventures, where there are specific things you're supposed to do, to get the Visa points? and the whole game is like that? No carefree bits at all?"

Yep so far, it has been like that,buy your points goes to building your kingdom. I havent found one bit of real carefree at all:(

Sobia huh...well thanks for giving me your thoughts...You're right though, It doesn't sound like I'd like it...at least not for the full price, so I'll probably wait a couple more months, til it eventually goes on sale, and get it then :p

Thanks again!