Julie H.'s Reviews > Untamed

May 07, 11

liked it
bookshelves: vampire-fiction, young-adult
Read in May, 2011

Zoey Redbird is still an at times obtuse, self-involved teenager, but she is truly coming into her own in Untamed. While not a surprise, it's a welcome addition that Zoey's Cherokee background is assuming a larger role in the story. (It was only a matter of time, but P.C. and Kristin Cast are doing a nice job with it.) When the House of Night students begin engaging in community service at Street Cats, a Tulsa shelter for stray cats, it's marvelous to see that it's run by such awesome and free-thinking nuns--to whom the fledglings' service to the Goddess is just an alternate form of their own service to the BVM. Loads of stuff goes down in this book and the uber-creepy ravens are positively inspired. (And scary as crap, finally!) They manage to truly ramp up the scary factor for the scenes they're in. As we've come to expect in this series, the fit hits the shan right in the closing pages and the gloves are officially "off" between Zoey et al. and Neferet. Hang on, because we're definitely in for a bumpy-but-interesting ride. Count me in!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untamed.