Carolyn's Reviews > Lost In The Mist Of Time

Lost In The Mist Of Time by Karen Michelle Nutt

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: nutt-karen-michele
Read from March 08 to 11, 2012

I would have given this book more stars because the time travel storyline, the mystery and intrigue contained within was very good. However, at least 150 pages could have easily been cut out. Actually, it would have improved the book tremendously.

The constant bickering, antagonism and ridiculous fighting between the hero and heroine went on and on and on and on. The mistrust and stubbornness of the two main characters could have been established in a far more effective way than beating that dead horse over the head, repeatedly. Not only beating it over the head, but then coming back and kicking it several times after it was already dead. In print, the book is 550 pages. It was not necessary to keep up this tiresome theme.

Once you got past that, and it took a long time to get past that (at least 150 pages, if not more), the story picked up and was very good. I enjoyed reading the history of Ireland and the clan system that was present in the time period. I'd love to read more books with Ireland as the background.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost In The Mist Of Time.

03/09/2012
30.0% "I'm so frustrated with the heroine that I'd like to slap her upside the head! I love the hero, Dougray, however."