Maria's Reviews > The Ideal Man

Read from August 22 to 24, 2011

I like The Ideal Man.

*****

TAME.

The Ideal Man is just an average Julie Garwood book. I was disappointed because I’m a Garwood fan for years now. The plot is predictable, the story is okay, and the characters seemed recycled from her previous novels.

Ellie is a trauma surgeon and a prodigy. Having been separated from her family for years now, she has nothing to look forward to. Her gruesome past is preventing her to have a future, but that doesn’t mean she’s now willing to finally confront the demon that’s been plaguing her since childhood. Ellie is not weak, but she’s not that strong, either. One thing i don’t get is her ‘animalistic’ attraction towards Max. TRANSLATION: Ellie wants to jump his bones every single time. Ugh. A little respect please, for yourself. Thank you ;)

Max is an FBI Agent who can make a living out of his casual relationships with women. He’s as tough as any agent can be, but knowing what Ellie went through all her life, he can’t help but say that she’s tougher than he is. I love Ellie’s dad; I hate her mom. I also like her sister, Annie; obviously i despise the twin sister, Ava. Evan Patterson is scary – his character is the one i look forward to reading. :)

The Ideal Man is a passable read for any Julie Garwood fan. Slightly humorous and sexy, it might still steal hours from you when reading it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ideal Man.

08/22/2011 page 85