Robyn's Reviews > Wolf Signs

Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend

May 05, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read on May 05, 2011

I bought this book for 2 reasons: First, Vivian Arend is cool, and if you're not following her on Twitter, you should be. Second, the heroine has my name. That never happens. I've met a few Robins, but I've only met another Robyn-with-a-y once. We're rare, unique snowflakes. And it did mess with me a bit, but I liked the character. She's very different from the typical "surprise, you're a werewolf!" heroines I've seen before, and I liked that.

I usually don't gravitate toward werewolf books, because I prefer vampires to werewolves, but I enjoyed this story. I think what sold me was the fact that these are very down-to-earth werewolves. There's no whining about being infected with a beast or whatnot, they're "I'm a werewolf and that's okay." It was a refreshing change. :) I rather liked these werewolves, even though they were obsessed with skiing, and unless it's the Winter Olympics I have no interest in skiing.

Wolf Signs is good stuff. I recommend it if you're looking for a paranormal with some steamy (literally, there's a sauna involved) love scenes. The only beef I had with it is a personal thing, because the heroine is named Robyn. The hero nicknames her "little bird", and I'm sure he thinks that's adorable, but if a guy did that to me, especially in a nekkid situation, he'd run the risk of injury to his dangly bits. I have zero tolerance for bird jokes. They stopped being cute...actually they were never cute, or funny. But aside from that, I approve of this book. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Signs.