Megan's Reviews > Never Romance a Rake

Never Romance a Rake by Liz Carlyle

May 08, 11

Read from May 05 to 08, 2011

Of all three in the series this was probably my least favorite. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed reading it, I was just not impressed with Rothwell as I wanted to be. Sure he brooded and sulked in the other books but when it comes down to it, he turns into a whiney, stubborn little boy.

Camille is very interesting, in the beginning. I want to get to know her, listen to her story. However we don't get to really learn about her. I really enjoyed just how French she was, and wanted I don't know, just more.

When the two of them are together, sparks do fly. Both of the trust issues run so deep however that it is not until well after married, illness and sex do they even admit anything to each other.

There are some good moments with the rest of the family from the previous books. I really enjoyed seeing Xanthia and Antonia in the books. Garreth and Nash seem as happy as ever. Which would make sense becuse it seems these books only happen over a year period.

However the entire series was fun to read and I would enjoy reading more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Romance a Rake.

05/05/2011 page 20
4.0% "I know its an early update but it's all I have read so far. We are going to learn just how dark and deep Rothwell goes in this story. All I know so far is that Rothwell is having some mortality issues and stomache pains. We have not met the heroine yet. However I am anxious to meet the woman who will break him. She's going to have to be something fiery for sure!"