Cathiecaffey's Reviews > Midnight Medusa

Midnight Medusa by Stephanie Draven

May 05, 2011

The emotions that this story brought forth when I read this book when it came out, are still with me and so wanted to re-read before writing this review. It is just as beautiful to read now as before and so much more I felt this time reading it. Just starting with the first and few paragraphs, you will be absorbed into Renata's haunting past as a child in Bosnia and her current memories of agony she is struggling with. Renata's a sculptural and had done her art of sculpturing the war criminals that were on trial. Until this time, she has been under great fear to testify and these war criminals have been dying before she does testify. Renata is kidnapped by a Greek god of war, during the time she's doing an exhibit of War Criminals in a museum, she is kidnapped by Damon (Demos, one of the twin sons of Ames). Damon wants to protect Renata from the other gods of war from using her skills and help her understand who she is as a gorgon. As he also has the skill to take away her fear, they become one in love to do whats righteous for those to be punished for the war crimes.

Set in many settings as he takes to hide her from the others, this author gives you the whole feel of her surroundings including all the senses of visual, taste and so much emotional. With flashbacks of her childhood, she lived as a victim in fear until she met Damon. Together they reach so many heights of happiness together that both never had through life. With the awesome themes within this story, the reader will want to read even more about the Greek gods and mythology that was so skillfully blended into this fulfilling paranormal romance story! After a second read of this, I'm on a cloud nine of the emotions I went through reading this and the growth of the characters that the author Stephanie Draven so brilliantly portrayed as realistic with Damon and Renata. I'm now planning to read her second Nocturne Bites available now, WILD, TETHERED, BOUND too sounds like another unique read!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Medusa.