Nereyda Gonzalez's Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Mar 12, 14

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, fave-author, audiobook
Read in March, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.

Quotes Nereyda Liked

Richelle Mead
“Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else's dream. ”

Richelle Mead
“We all have moments of weakness. It’s how we recover from them that really counts.”

Richelle Mead
“Longing surged up within me. I wanted it. Oh God, I wanted it. I didn't want to hear Jerome chastise me for my "all lowlifes, all the time" seduction policy. I wanted to come home and tell someone about my day. I wanted to go out dancing on the weekends. I wanted to take vacations together. I wanted someone to hold me when I was upset, when the ups and downs of the world pushed me too far.
I wanted someone to love. ”

Richelle Mead
“How do you know if a demon is lying? His lips are moving.”

Richelle Mead
“Look, don’t get me wrong. I worship the ground this guy walks on. I’m excited to meet him tonight. I’m dying to meet him tonight. If he wanted to carry me off and make me his love slave, I’d do it, so long as I got advance copies of his books.”

“Lucky Charms?” I asked.

“Magically delicious,” he explained. “Requisite for any sort of building project.”

I shook my head, still amazed at how he had managed to weasel his way over here. “This isn’t a date.”

He cut me a scandalized look. "Obviously. I’d bring Count Chocula for that.”

Richelle Mead
“Kill me, Doug. Just kill me now. Put me out of my misery.”

“Christ, Kincaid, what did you say to him?” murmured Doug.

“Well,” I told Doug, “I ripped on his fans and on how long it takes for his books to come out.”

Doug stared at me, his expectations exceeded.

“Then I said—not knowing who he was—that I’d be Seth Mortensen’s love slave in exchange for advanced copies of his books.”

Richelle Mead
“Sleep with Seth Mortensen? Good grief. It was the most preposterous thing I'd ever heard. It was appalling. If I absorbed his life force, there was no telling how long it'd be until his next book came out.”
tags: humor

Richelle Mead
“Statistics show that most mortals sell their souls for five reasons: sex, money, power, revenge, and love. In that order.”

Richelle Mead
“Because...Beacause it's so good, and there's only one chance to read a book for the first time, and I want it to last. That experience. I'd finish it in a day otherwise, and that'd be like...like eating a carton of ice cream in one sitting. Too much richness over too quickly. This way, I can draw it out. Make the book last longer. Savor it. I have to since they don't come out that often.”

Richelle Mead
“Love is rarely flawless,” Carter pointed out. “Humans delude themselves by thinking it has to be. It is the imperfection that makes love perfect.”

Richelle Mead
“I figured I could read more than five pages tonight since I'd been deprived for the last couple of days. When I finished the fifteenth, I discovered I was three pages from the next chapter. Might as well end with a clean break. After I was done, I sighed and leaned back, feeling decadent and spent. Pure bliss. Books were a lot less messy than orgasms.”

Richelle Mead
“Wow. You look…really nice today. Did you do something different?”
Only a thirty-four-year-old virgin, I thought.”

Richelle Mead
“It’s important to keep up appearances with books,” I explained. “Image goes a long way in this business.”

He dared a look over at me, still nervous but steadily recovering his composure. “I go more for content.”

"Really?” I repositioned slightly so that we were touching again, the soft flannel of his shirt brushing my bare skin. “Because I could have sworn a moment ago you were pretty caught up in outside appearance.”

His eyes shifted down again, but I could see a smile curving his lips. “Well. Some things are so striking, they can’t help but draw attention to themselves.”

"And doesn’t that make you curious about what’s inside?”

"Mostly it makes me want to get you some advanced copies.”

Advanced copies? What did he—?

"Seth? Seth, where—ah, there you are.” Paige turned down our aisle, Doug following behind. She brightened when she saw me, and I felt my stomach sink out of me and hit the floor with a thud as I put two and two together. No. No. It couldn’t be—

"Ah, Georgina. I see you’ve already met Seth Mortensen.”

03/10 marked as: currently-reading
03/10 "Fuck yeah, Georgie-read-a-thon time!"
03/12 marked as: read