Gary Lombardo's Reviews > Scars: An Amazing End-Times Prophecy Novel

Scars by Patience Prence

May 13, 11

Read in May, 2011

As of this writing, America teeters on the precipice of financial disaster, thanks to President Obama's radical, leftist policies. According to Scripture, the Antichrist comes to power amidst worldwide economic collapse and unbridled conflict in the Middle East. How close are we to the end of the world system? Is the Antichrist alive today? Bible scholar and prophecy-author Grant Jeffrey thinks so.

Scars is one author's idea of what the end times, and the Antichrist, will look like—through the eyes of 16-year-old Becky Silver. Becky is innocent, charming, strong-willed, and highly sensitive, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Patience Prence is the same! :-)

The narrative-writing is rich and colorful, the dialogue free-flowing and realistic. As a Christian novelist, I frequently use interior monologue to convey the characters' feelings and thoughts, and the author uses it judiciously and effectively. One things I really appreciated was that Patience backs up her scenes with Scripture to emphasize her point. This way the curious reader can delve into the Bible and learn more about what she’s describing.

Overall, I found Scars to be a greatly entertaining and instructive story. The ending is one of the most riveting and powerful I have ever read—and will bring tears to your eyes. I truly believe this book will become a Christian classic.

Gary Lombardo
Author of My Friend Jesus

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scars.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by D. Alexx (new)

D. Alexx Miller thank you for the recommendation but I do not read "religious end of times" stuff. I find it irrelevant and a waste of time.

Gary Lombardo O.K. No problem.

Sharon I loved this book and really wanted a sequel or another from this author but there has been been nothing yet.

I'll certainly go check out your novel to see if it's one I might like to add to my list of 'to reads'.

Gary Lombardo Thank you, Sharon. That's very kind of you.

Peace be with you,