Bia's Reviews > Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Oct 13, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read from October 07 to 13, 2011

I thought i was going to faint when I stared to read this incredible book! Ms. Perkins has done it again: I loved the book and I love Cricket more than I loved St. Clair!

I don't think Ms. Perkins can do wrong with any story! Lola and her wigs, Cricket and his rubber bands, Lindsey and her educational agenda, and, of course, Anna and St. Clair were best points of this book.

There are so many parts that I adored, but I think these two could summarize it:

"Life isn’t about what you get, it’s about what you DO with what you get", and “Lola, do you remember when you told me that I had a gift?”
I gulp. “Yes.”
His eyes open and lock on mine. “You have one, too. And maybe some people think that wearing a costume means you’re trying to hide your real identity, but I think a costume is more truthful than regular clothing could ever be. It actually says something about the person wearing it. I knew that Lola, because she expressed her desires and wishes and dreams for the entire city to see. For me to see.”

I'm looking foward for the last book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola and the Boy Next Door.

10/07/2011 page 50
15.0% "Looooving it!!!"
10/09/2011 page 115
34.0% "Soooo good!!"
10/13/2011 page 286
85.0% "Why do I have to work if I keep daydreaming about this book?"
show 1 hidden update…