Meagan's Reviews > The Picture of Dorian Gray

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

May 09, 11

Read in May, 2011

This was an incredible book, I almost don't want to write a review because my words will pale in comparison to those of Oscar Wilde. The writing was brilliant and Dorian is such an interesting character. The fact that he can chat so freely about his actions and sins as though they mean nothing to him and yet at the same time the painting and his tattered soul haunted him at night.

I enjoyed the philosophical musings most of the time, however whenever Harry opened his mouth I knew I was in for a few pages of rambling when really I just wanted to hear more about Dorian and his deeds. I wanted to know more about the "innocents" that he had led astray also, I wanted details. I would have preferred that to the almost whole chapter on Dorian's hobbies anyway.

But overall a fantastic read, I would recommend it as one of those books that everyone has to read at least once in their life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Quotes Meagan Liked

Oscar Wilde
“As for believing things, I can believe anything, provided that it is quite incredible.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray