Amanda's Reviews > Crushed Seraphim

Crushed Seraphim by Debra Anastasia

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: omnific-publishing, 2011, former-fanfic
Read from May 31 to June 05, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This review can also be found here - http://bookh00rder.blogspot.com/2011/...

I always wanted to read Crushed Seraphim when it was fanfiction but I sadly, never had the chance. When I learned it was being published and I ordered my copy I told Ms. Debra that I was going to take notes during every chapter, like reviews you'd post on FF.net - So I did and it was fun.

That aside, I loved the book so much. It made me giggle and swoon, and even shed a few tears. I found myself torn between which guy, Jack or Jason, I liked best. Now I just need to know what happens next. *holds hand out* Please ma'am, may I have some more?

I marked my "review" as containing spoilers since I did the chapter comments. I'm pasting those below:

Prologue - Oh wow. I actually feel really bad for Satan. Is that normal? It's definitely something I never thought I would 'say'. He is kind of yummy though. Ok, more than yummy. Phew. Violent. Poor thing. I have a bad feeling about this Everett character.

Chapter 1 - Hehe not even a full page into the chapter and they are already arguing. Love it. And Jason's the only one that can see her?! omg he can heal her injuries!! Swoon. Hee Jason can dress her. Too funny. I can only imagine what kind of mischief that will create. Awww poor Jason. Those stinky O'Dowell boys :( Hahahah bunny slippers!! Uh oh. Going up a ladder to an unknown destination can't be good.

Chapter 2 - Stupid Everett. HEE Emma is a gladiator. Kick his ass girl! Wait. What?! "Longing in his eyes"??? *frowny face* Poor Emma, losing her love and then knowing he's in danger :( Yay!!! OH NOOOOO! Everett is a rat bastard.

Chapter 3 - Angel food cake! *grin* I love that. Oh no not him again. Eep. Emma!! She can't go to Hell. Don't want Jason to either though. Dang. I don't like the future. *shakes head* Not at all. Need to make sure that doesn't happen, Jason. The thought of him ripping off her wing makes me cringe. Can he really manage to do what she asks? I don't know, I don't know. I hope not! But what other way is there?

Chapter 4 - Ooh I like this whole "pause" thing. Jaaaason you are sly. Her fiance!? Did not expect that. OH. What. An. Asshole. *sniffle* He chose eternity. Poor Emma, loving and losing someone over and over. Can I hug her now? And Jason. Oh Jason. You don't sound so bad to me. We can't choose our families *pets him*

Chapter 5 - Um. Yum. Oh no, not more angels :( Hee so true, check out lines are hell. Oh noooooes. Sad for Jason. Sad for Emma. Damn Everett!

Chapter 6 - Oh. *clears throat* Hi there, Satan. I can totally understand how Emma would be distracted by him. Oh, I want to be a little bad.

Chapter 7 - Jason :( Good advice from Dean. The prayer, oh Jason, bless your heart. Grrrrr not him again. Nooooooo, Jason!

Chapter 8 - No fear, just sin - I can't even... A lesson n wickedness, yes, uh huh, I volunteer. Oh, now we get to hear HIS story *sits up straight* Aw now, that makes me so sad for him. That was so very wrong of Gabriel. Oh OH, maybe he'll get his revenge. Hmmm Satan wants to keep Emma safe. Run, Emma, run!!

Chapter 9 - Oh poor Emma, the things she had to endure while walking down that hall. I'm so glad she found God and that he was able to free Sam. Her sacrifice makes my heart hurt.

Chapter 10 - It feels weird to say that I have sympathy for the Devil. He keeps surprising me, especially his need to protect Emma. I'm happy she stopped to help him. A little nervous about this emerging monster.

Chapter 11 - So good to see Jason's siblings coming to his aide, even when they couldn't see what they were fighting. Satan makes me melty when he's all sweet and caring. Go Emma for being brave and making that monster melt away. She's kick ass.

Chapter 12 - Under these circumstances it might not be so had to have The Devil on your side. He did a good thing, healing Jason and trying to protect Emma. Damn Everett, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Chapter 13 - Oh Jack, *tear*

Chapter 14 - Trees. Huh. Oh Jack, you sent her a gift. You used your last bits of magic for her. I want to hug you now. He probably gave them the best gift ever. I swoon a little now that Jason can hear Emma's thoughts. That will bring about lots of fun times.

Chapter 15 - He's lost the gift of hearing thoughts? Interesting. What's that all about? Why'd he have it at first and then lose it? Was it just so he could know what was happening with Jack? I like them having time together, for him to court her and her to get to know Jason. It makes my heart sad that Emma feels so guilty about Jack. Seriana, you poor thing. Definitely wasn't expecting Claudette to show up. I'm unsure about her appearance and whether it's on the up and up. I feel bad for Jason. I just can't help but 'ship' Emma and Jack though.

Chapter 16 - *gulp* Um. *faints*

Chapter 17 - *bouncy clap* Emma loves him!!!! Jack loves her!!!! No no no, Emma. I get it but I'm so sad this is what you have to do. To tie yourself to Everett, to lose Jason and Jack. For Jack to lose his memories and love for you. *tear* Oh Jason, to know she doesn't love you but to volunteer to take her wings so it doesn't hurt. He is a good man, I hope he realizes that. *snot sob* Jack. Oh, honey.

Chapter 18 - Everett is such a rat. I'm bummed that Claudette managed to successfully pull off her end of the deal when it came to Jason. But I'm so relieved she wasn't able to with Jack. Good for him, telling Gabriel what he thinks. I have a little bit of hope in my heart since Jack tracked down Jason and the family. One more chapter left. SAD.

Chapter 19 - VIOLENT. Oh! Getting her perspective from her time on Earth is interesting. I wasn't expecting Violent to appear again or for Jack to ask for her help. I held my breath while they tried to convince her to help them. Since she did I need more. I'm so scared they won't get Emma out in time. She and Jack will both be in torment for eternity if they aren't able to.

I just need more now. I need to know what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crushed Seraphim.

05/31/2011 page 21
10.82% "*bouncy clap*"
06/01/2011 page 53
27.32% "LOVE"
06/05/2011 page 194
100.0% "Need. More."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Debra Anastasia I can't even talk to you right now, I'm totally crying. The thought that you put into this review, to make it what I was used to, it's too much. I adore you. You are such an amazing reader. Reading is a skill and you my dear have a black belt. To be honored with your time, to get the gift of your words, chapter by chapter. Sigh, just love for you, I have so much. I'm not even making sense but I think this review stands as a testament to the honor I have been privileged to have. Not many new authors can step out with a debut novel and have readers holding her hand. I'm squeezing your hand because this publishing thing feels like a tightrope, but a little more comfortable because of your kind words..

For you I promise to write quickly and straight from my heart. I will give you an ending that is satisfying!

You just made my day.