Kathy Davie's Reviews > The Sneetches and Other Stories

The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss

4222001
May 05, 11

Read in May, 2011

This is a collection of four stories about silly superiorities, too stubborn for your own good, being lazy and not thinking ahead, and confronting your fears.

The Story
The Sneetches are divided. Some have green stars for belly buttons while others do not. Naturally, the Star-Belly Sneetches are far superior to the Plain-Belly Sneetches…until…one day…an enterprising Sneetch comes along and offers to help the Plain-Belly Sneetches by giving them stars on their bellies. Well, this just won't do. How are the Star-Belly Sneetches supposed to tell who is who?

The Zax is a meeting of two immovable idiots around whom freeways and roads are built because each refuses to step aside and allow the other to move forward. The South-going Zax refuses to budge to the east or the west while the North-going Zax never takes a step to the side

This, of course, explains why our roads are so silly and twisty.

Too Many Daves is a rather stupid story of a mother who birthed 23 babies and named them all Dave. She eventually figured out that it would have been easier if she had named them each individually.

What was I Scared of? is a cute story of being afraid of someone you don't know. Everywhere he went he kept encountering a pair of trousers with no one inside them. And everywhere he went, he kept running away until finally he stopped and discovered the trousers were afraid of him as well. Is this what they mean by a meeting of the minds?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sneetches and Other Stories.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ronyell Awesome review Kathy!! I really enjoyed this book, especially the Sneetches and What Was I Scared Of?

Kathy Davie Yeah, it was fun to read and such a lovely expose of our society!

Ronyell Yeah! There should be more books like this!

Kathy Davie Yeah, there should...it's about the right length for most people LOL

Ronyell Kathy wrote: "Yeah, there should...it's about the right length for most people LOL"

LOL! Definitely!