Rebecca's Reviews > Storm Runners

Storm Runners by Roland Smith

F_50x66
My boss recommended this book to me telling me it was a page-turner. And it is. The story is fast-paced which is one of the reasons I will recommend it to reluctant readers. Reason number two is the nearly ever-present sense of impending danger and adventure. Chase Masters (corny name) and his father cross the country looking for severe storms ostensibly to help victims of property damage repair their buildings. Poor Chase is yanked often from schools as his father schleps him from place to place. Their newest stop is at a "farm" that turns out to be a winter holding area for animals in a traveling circus. Chase is immediately attracted to the daughter of the landowner. The day after arriving, Chase and the daughter, Nicole, go to school where they're sent home by bus to escape the approaching hurricane. Alas, that was a wrong move and Chase, Nicole, and a third student, Rashawn, are in for the battle of their lives. This book has a budding romance, hurricanes, pitch-black darkness, circus animals on the loose and giant alligators on the loose--a little something for everyone. There is sure to be a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Runners.