Lisa's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

May 05, 11

Read in May, 2011 — I own a copy

There is something about this series that pulls you right in. I love the author's unique spin on vampires. It is something that I've never read or heard of before, and it captures you. It's a new-age twist on vampire mythology that will have you begging for more.

Masquerade picks up a couple of weeks after Blue Bloods ended. The storyline is fast pace, exciting, and dangerous. Masquerade is a great title for this novel as there are many things hiding behind a mask (man, I sound like an english teacher...soon I'm going to start using the words forshadowing and symbolism).

The characters really came to life for me in this novel. Schuyler started to come into her own and stood up for what she believed in. Oliver was great. In the first novel I like Oliver, but in this novel he developed into a character that I really cared about. As much as I love Jack, there might be some competition for my favorite male if Oliver keeps being such a great friend and all around good guy.

Mimi is one character that I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever like. She is just a horrible person. In this novel she crossed a serious line and showed her true colors.

Overall this was a great read and I really enjoyed it.

www.gardenofbooks.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.