Andreea Daia's Reviews > At Grave's End

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

May 05, 11

bookshelves: action-adventure, read-2011, low-fantasy, young-adult
Read in May, 2011

Truth being told, I didn't even finish reading this book (although I did get through 60-70% of it). As I mentioned in my previous reviews, I thought that the second book in the series was a letdown. Compared to that, the third one is even worse, although plot-wise is better than the second.

The main fault I find is that, although the first book had (in my opinion an older-than-15 target audience), as the series went on, the target age seems to decrease. Cat behaves at the very best as a spoiled brat. She is infantile and foolish (although by now she is supposed to be 27) and sometimes talks like a silly teenager.

Sadly all the great humor from the "Halfway to the grave" is only long-gone by now, replaced by puerile jealousy, so ridiculous that if I were Bones, I would have left her without a second thought. (SPOILER: She punches one of his former lovers only when the woman tried to save her life, but has no problem to make-up and more with Tate although Bones is close-by and can read her mind. Yuck!)

Overall simply a pitiful sequel! I'm pretty sure I will not continue reading this series!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Grave's End.