Melissa's Reviews > The Last Juror

The Last Juror by John Grisham

F_50x66
May 05, 11

Read in May, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book. When I began, I had no idea it was set in Clanton, Mississippi, the location of A Time to Kill, and would have a couple of the same characters, most notably Lucien Wilbanks.

I found the telling of the story of this small town to be both moving and entertaining. I found myself laughing out loud at several points in the book. I stopped laughing after the major injuries involved, but I found it hysterical when the deputies decided upon their method to determine if the package sent to one of the jurors was indeed a bomb. "You're gonna shoot my pecans?" was one of my favorite lines in the book! The physical description before he fired is hysterical, and my comment on my Kindle was "These may very well be the stupidest people on the planet!"

I also enjoyed the scene when they were headed to Padgitt Island to arrest Danny, and the chatter on the police scanner:

"He's with his lawyer!"
"Wilbanks?"
"Yep."
"Let's shoot both of them."

And, of course, when Baggy fell from the courthouse window during the shooting rampage! All of these scenes were priceless.

Miss Callie was obviously the center of this book, and was very well written. The friendship between she and Willie was awesome and I loved that Willie played such a huge part in the life of the family.

I recommend this book as a very enjoyable read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Juror.