Tracie's Reviews > Hidden in Paris

Hidden in Paris by Corine Gantz

May 05, 2011

Read from May 11 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I won this book in one of the Goodreads giveaways. I made a prediction that I wasn't going to like it. What a stupid thing to do. It took me awhile to read the first 3o pages or so and then I was hooked. I couldn't put it down, I took it everywhere with me, much to my children's dismay.

The characters were delightful, bad, good and in-between. I wanted to hate Mark, but the way he was portrayed I just knew he wasn't all bad and there was hope for him yet. I also wanted to label Lucas as a womanizing French snob but again, the way Ms. Gantz described him, I knew there was more to him than met the eye. Jared was a mystery and a surprise altogether. Althea's situation was heartbreaking, I wanted find her mother and punch her in the nose. Lola and Annie were fun and reminded me of some of my friends from my single days. When you have a talented writer like Ms. Gantz to develop and put all these characters together with such a clever storyline you have one hell of a novel.

The storyline kept me interested, it was not at all predictable and as I said before I couldn't put it down once I got started. Ms. Gantz has the ability to make you fall in love with a location and it's inhabitants to the point that you wish they were real so you could make a visit!

Brava Ms. Gantz! Please continue writing and keep us all posted on your next novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden in Paris.

05/16/2011 page 15