Pamela's Reviews > Death's Mistress

Death's Mistress by Karen Chance

May 13, 11

bookshelves: dropped, paranormal
Read from May 12 to 13, 2011

I did not enjoy this novel. unfortunately it reads too much like Chance's other series with Cassandra which I liked but no more. it's hard to explain why, but it's like a 'same thing different day' kind of book. it's boring, predictable and I just didn't have the will or the energy to carry on. the characters are all about murder death kill, sex, sex, more sex and they exercise poor judgement, ending up in avoidable circumstances where I'd prefer if the cause of their troubles where because of other's and out of their control & then use cunning and skill to get out of it. i can't stand reading about heroines getting themselves into trouble knowing the consequences are deadly and risky, but for no other reason than a stifling hero complex, they make stupid decisions that the author rewards by saving then with a bit of luck and a happy ending or with what they desire at the cost of others. they forsake insight and rely on arrogance but really if they had to fight a single battle on their own, they'd be long dead, but they gt into it alone expecting miracles. I don't like heroines like that & writers who reward them. females can be brutal without being stupid.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death's Mistress.