Rah~ri's Reviews > Fourth Uncle in the Mountain: A Memoir of a Barefoot Doctor in Vietnam

Fourth Uncle in the Mountain by Marjorie Pivar

Feb 27, 08

Recommended for: Nate, may find it interesting?
Read in April, 2008

Nate.
I still think U should call the Aliens to come and get u instead of investigating shamanism : ) (Once you start investigating They Will Come And Get You Anyway! ; ) !!) But if your still interested in that stuff, Maybe you should check this one out? Not for the writing(!) but to see some of the cross over in (???) approaches taken in other cultures. Kind of goes in line with some of the stuff Vizenor talks about. May seem a bit sensational to lot's of folks unless they've been exposed to "weird shit" themselves and of course some of it probably is over the top? ... then again who am i to say?
I would have liked to have met the author though,Think he was teaching acupuncture for a while here in the states if my memory serves correctly.He reminds me of older folks that used to be in my life, lot of similarities to some of the cambodian customs. Was given a copy of this when it was first printed and it was an enjoyable QUICK read. Going to reread it and see what i see now then, if you like, will send it your way?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fourth Uncle in the Mountain.